The Mourgelas & Associates Energy and Natural Resources group is one of the most dynamic in the country. Legal 500 describes the Firm as a “regular fixture on large-scale power projects, both locally and abroad” and praises the Firm’s energy practice as being “highly regarded for its cross-border expertise”. Our work in this area forms an integral part of our practice and has allowed us to take a leading role in this sector for many years.
Our reputation is closely associated with the calibre of our lawyers, a team of experienced, highly focused, individuals. They can provide clients with a first-class service in electricity, oil and gas, mining and renewable energy and are able to handle all aspects of energy matters including:
- Applications and submissions before competent authorities of production licenses, transportation/import of energy, energy transit, abuse of dominant position
- Co-production of electricity and heat projects
- Development, construction and exploitation of green houses
- Advising clients on regulatory issues
- Advice on public tenders for the construction of power plants
- Acquisition and exploitation of licenses in respect of renewable energy resources (RES)
- Due diligence of RES licenses as well as of the companies holding the licenses
- Drafting and negotiating EPC, operation and maintenance contracts
- Project finance and incentives/subsidies
Our clients include public and private utility companies, power producers, renewable and alternative energy companies, as well as governmental authorities and financial institutions.